Conference Program and Focus
The Conference is held annually at selected European research and academic institutes as a counterpart to the traditional American event. Following repeated suggestions by previous participants, Czech Republic has been selected to host the Conference for the first time.
The Conference focuses on contemporary trends in the development, implementation and production use of the AFS file system and Kerberos authentication protocol, accepted as de-facto industrial standards in academia.
Conference talks will introduce recent trends and developments in the field, and present case studies of actual implementations in extensive academical or commercial projects. Related technologies - such as PKI, operating systems, file systems, disk storage solutions, HSM components, etc. - will be discussed as well, including the problems of their use and integration.
A continuously updated Conference schedule and an overview of technologies that are going to be presented will be maintained at the event's official Web page.
Participants and Scope of the Conference
The Conference is typically attended by representatives of academical, research and commercial organizations, who employ the related technologies or who are currently considering their potential benefits. Participation of numerous VIPs (key developers, project coordinators and commercial partners) has already been confirmed.
Between 50 and 100 Czech and European participants are expected. Given the extended scope of the conference, the organizers anticipate increased demand for participation among a wide range of professionals.
Partners are expected to benefit mostly from the exposition of their brand, and presentation of their products and solutions to a heterogeneous but clearly defined group of participants.
This section gives an outline of three partner classes. Detailed specification of terms and conditions may be negotiated.
- Contribution in excess of CZK 80 thousand
- The official Conference materials will give references such as "this event would not be possible without the support provided by..." (subject to the Partner's approval)
- Partner's logo printed on the Conference's schedule and publicity materials; 100% of the Conference logo size
- Partner's logo on display in the Conference room; self-supporting stand (or similar), maximum dimensions 0.5 x 1 m
- Presentation booth in a common exhibition room, area 3 m2, no regulation of contents
- Partner's own publicity materials given out with the registration package; maximum format A4, weighing under 0.5 kg
- Partner's presentation and publicity materials included in the electronic conference material data store; maximum size 200 MB
- 30-minute time-slot for a technical talk in the Conference's schedule
- Free registration for four persons
- Contribution in excess of CZK 40 thousand
- The official Conference materials will give references such as "event supported by..." (subject to the Partner's approval)
- Partner's logo printed on the Conference's schedule and publicity materials, 50 % of the Conference logo size
- Presentation poster in a common exhibition room; maximum size 2 x 2 m
- Partner's own publicity materials given out within the registration package; maximum format A4, a single compact folder less than 0.5 cm thick
- Partner's presentation and publicity materials included in the electronic conference material data store; maximum size 50 MB
- Free registration for two persons
- Contribution under CZK 40 thousand
- Listing among the conference partners
- Other forms of presentation will be negotiated
Partnership ScheduleDetailed schedule will be negotiated individually. Essential milestones are:
- Conclusion of the Partnership Contract before 1 July 2010
- Transfer of the Partner's contribution before 15 August 2010
- Submission of graphical materials (logo and others) in an electronic form before 15 August 2010
- Submission of publicity materials, logo stands etc. before 1 September 2010
- Submission of abstracts for the Partner's own presentation - see conference talk submission deadlines.
Contact and More Information
sponsorship_afs2010_cs.pdf (czech version)